Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
MaxiCOM MK908

848 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2022-07-30 08:40:26

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    mark zhelobkov
    2022-04-06 19:07:37
     Any owners of Autel MaxiCOM MK908 devices?
    My upgrade subscription has ended. Someone reset the device to factory settings and now there is nothing in the "diagnostics" and "service" sections. vehicle databases are missing. The backup was not made.
    Can anyone share a backup of this device? Maybe this will work

•   Level 4   
    (161) points
    Matthew Taylor

2022-04-10 15:20:02 (Reply to:mark zhelobkov)

NO. Sharing a backup will not work as it is encrypted and tied to the serial number for
    the device the backup was created on. I was in the same boat you were in when I but
    my device second hand outside of the subscription period. The the "cars" are
    installed, they are stored in an encrypted manner on the device. You can always use
    ES File manager to do a backup, or connect to a PC to access the "external" file system
    like a flash drive, but the items you are interested in are already encrypted.

I ended up buying the subscription as I had the MY909/MS908 Pro, and would need
    the online coding /calculation features anyway as I work around European vehicles.
    The only way I could see what you are asking for to work is if you could root your
    device to change your device's serial number and password to match that of the one
    you want the backup from. Autel thought of this and blocked access to the developer
    options for Android. For those who tried, I see where they get stuck in some sort of
    bootloop.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2022-07-30 08:40:26 (Reply to:Matthew Taylor)

Is it not possible for the manufacturer to provide the option to download the old version without the need to buy an expensive update?
  Total1 Pages